Monday, January 23, 2012

Pictures of the Roman Forum...

One of my history classes is a walking tour of some of the old historic monuments in Rome.  This day (18 Jan) we went to the Roman Forum where some of the remains go back to 7th C. BC.  

Temple of Vesta (right) and
Temple of Castor and Pollux (left)
Temple of Saturn
Temple of Saturn
Looking across the Roman Forum with the
Temple of Castor and Pollux in the distance
Similar view again-isn't the lighting from the sun wonderful?
Arch of Septimius Severus
Detail of Arch of Septimius Severus
Temple of Vesta
View from the Palatine Hill
Looking over the city from the top of the Palatine Hill
The Temple of Hercules can be seen in the distance
from atop the Palatine Hill
Arch of Titus
The Magnificent Colosseum...
...and again....
...and again!
Arch of Constantine

Looking across part of the forum
Also, this is the day that my luggage finally arrived!!!  After a week without it, I was very happy that it was delivered to my apartment that night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so wonderful! I feel like I'm there with you.
    All of these pictures look like postcards. Nice job!
    Glad you finally got your luggage. I was wondering about it. I'll keep checking in, have as much fun as you can.
    Love, Pati

    ReplyDelete